Freelance Chinese-English Translation Work

If there is something that characterises me, it is that I am always willing to try out new things, even as there are many new things that I do not want to try. I have gotten and completed my first freelancer project, a translation project.

It is not the first time I get paid for my translation services (most of the time I do not get paid). The first was when I did the book Flowing Desires for Vivian (a China-born Singaporean), who has since become a family friend. Kitten and I put in long hours to translate the novel - it was harder than we thought.

This time, I translated an 8-page brochure from English to simplified Chinese. It was a brochure on yacht ownership, and it makes me really want to own one of those yacht memberships one of these days. If the Lord be willing, one day I shall. Perhaps when the children are all flown the coop, Kitten and I can live onboard a yacht!

I was rewarded for my few hours of work with USD27 (USD 30 paid by my employer, of which USD3 goes to Freelancer), which is relatively low. I am not complaining though!

Feel free to join Freelancer through this link (Freelancer) here, for those of you interested in getting some side income! They offer all kinds of freelance work, from IT jobs, to data entry jobs, to voiceovers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When AFP contains errors

Homonyms, Homophones and Homographs